Nowadays, people are willing to install everything in their offices and homes that will make it look subtle and elegant. A carpet is the best example of such a thing. We all have carpets in our homes, and we love them. They allow us to expand the seating place and enable people to be seated on the floor as well. Be it minimal carpeting throughout your office place, a grand carpet in your living room or just a small carpet rug by the side of your bed, we all have some form of carpeting or the other.
However there is one thing that comes without an invitation when you purchase and install a carpet, that is the cleaning chores of that carpet. Now you will surely agree that cleaning your carpet is one of the most tricky and daunting house chores to do.
At times, you must be using a broom to remove the dust from the carpet, but is it really advantageous? What about the stains? How do you get rid of them? The corporate carpets are more dirty and difficult to clean because the employees don’t care much about keeping the carpet clean, and you cannot ask them to remove their shoes if they are dirty. The math is simple: fewer feet equals less dirt. Hence, house carpets are less dirty than corporate carpets; making it a more significant concern.
Tips to Follow
To get rid of this problem you can undertake various tips and methods that will clean the carpet efficiently and hassle-free. So keeping that in mind, here are a few things that can clean your carpet adequately:
- Vacuum Regularly – Although this task might seem like a tedious one but if you usually clean the carpet by using a upright vacuum cleaners then the chances of having the dirt set in will reduce drastically. As dusting the carpet may not clean it completely due to the fibres of the carpet that traps particles, but vacuuming it will surely suck the dust out. Also, your carpet will look clean and fresh. Moreover using a vacuum cleaner is not that tough as a task.
- Remove the Spills Immediately – One of the biggest mistake people do with their carpet is that they sometimes do not take care of a spill immediately, and think that they will clean it later on. However this can have a very negative result because the longer the spill sits on the carpet, the worse it will get. The spill seeps through the fibres of the carpet, which makes the spot permanent; thus, spoiling its entire beauty and affecting the interiors of the room along with it. Be it a food item or a beverage, the stain will get worse and worse, so it is always better to attend to the spill rather than procrastinating it. If it is a food item, you can remove it and then, wipe the spot with a wet cloth. Follow the same process even if it is a beverage spill.
- Blot but don’t rub – A lot of people are seen cleaning a stain on the carpet by aggressively rubbing over the stain and hoping to get it out right away. But in reality by doing this, you are actually worsening the situation because it makes the stain permanent. As already mentioned above, the carpet is made of deep fibres, and when you rub it again & again, the particles of the stain seeps further in. The perfect way to clean the carpet is by blotting it with a damp cloth over the exposed area for a few minutes. This will also contain the stain from spreading out; making sure that the carpet remains stain-free.
- Water wash – No matter how much you try to clean your carpet by using the vacuum cleaner, there will always be some dust and dirt trapped inside it. Hence a periodic carpet cleaning using water is a must. If you are looking at corporate carpet cleaning services, then you should look for high pressure washers for sale because the washer uses pressurised soft water that forcefully washes out dirt particles. Make sure you spend your hard-earned money on high-quality washers to make sure that the delicate material of the carpet remains as soft as new.
- Professional Help – Experts advise that you should get your carpet professionally cleaned at least twice a year to ensure durability. Even with regular cleaning and vacuuming, the carpet is bound to get dirty with time because people continuously step on it with their dirty footwear which can also affect the quality of the material of the carpet. Only professional carpet cleaners possess the right chemicals to get the job done without affecting the delicate carpet material. If you cannot clean the carpet of your office, you must look for a reliable service as soon as possible. You can find professional and well-experienced cleaners like carpet cleaning in Adelaide which provide excellent service at desirable rates. You simply have to do research on the internet about the services of professionals that you require and contact with the ones who you think are the most suitable.
Why Is It Important?
A carpet adds a feature of elegance and formality to enhance the look of your office and home. It also provides a cushion-like feel to the floor; the perfect solution for people who have kids because a thick carpet can protect them from getting hurt from frequent falls.
Keeping the carpet of the place clean is essential because a dusty carpet not only spoils the appearance of the space but also makes the place susceptible to allergies and diseases. The fibres of the carpet trap dust and other particles that can be responsible for allergies and even, severe diseases like asthma, etc.
Hence, you must follow the steps mentioned above to keep your carpet spotless. Easy peasy, right?
Have a Great Week!
Disclosure: This post MAY contain affiliate links and I may receive compensation if you make a purchase after clicking on any of my links. For more information about FTC disclosure requirements, please see here.