Getting a baby to sleep through the night is one of the biggest challenges for parents. Newborns especially when they don’t feel comfy will not let anyone else sleep in the house. This is where swaddling comes in handy!
What do you need to swaddle your baby? Why are muslin blankets the top choice for swaddle blankets? What advantages can a muslin cotton offer?
Parents can learn a lot when having a baby. The trick is knowing how to adjust to your baby’s needs. Getting the best muslin blanket might be the best decision you’d ever make! Read more below to see their benefits.
Why Muslin Cotton Stands Above the Rest
Muslin cotton is popular even from before because of its quality. It is one of the purest and the softens cotton blends. They are hand-woven and very lightweight. This means that your baby won’t feel bothered with the cloth wrapped around them.
Breathability is also one of the reasons why muslin cloth is best for newborns. Oxygen and air circulate well in the cotton and on the baby’s skin. The fabric is also flexible enabling the baby to move around while sleeping.
More advantages of using muslin fabric include:
- Can last countless times of washing
- It is very durable
- It won’t damage as easy with stans or spills
- There are machine-wash versions that exist
- They are multifunctional
- They adapt well to any situation the baby is in
- They have more uses other than being swaddles or blankets
- You can wash them in a minute and use them again in a short amount of time
- They will not overheat your baby like other thick blankets
- They are also wind-protective
- Can guard a baby’s oversensitive skin
- They are one of the best-value investments you can make
Choosing the Best Muslin Product
When you’ve decided to use a muslin cloth, you have to choose whether to use 2 or 3 layered ones. These layers function depending on the climate that the baby is in. The more layers, the better for colder climates.
- 2-3 layers will work for moderate to cool climates
- 4 and more layers will work for colder climates or outdoors
- 2-3 layers are okay for warm and tropical climates
- 3 layers are good for air-conditioned rooms
Keeping Your Baby Sound Asleep
Muslin cloth is the ultimate choice for babies. It’s very cuddly and also fluffy. The feel does not change no matter how many washes it goes through. The best part about it is that your baby will have no trouble sleeping under it!