Happy National Meatball Day dear readers! Did you know that today is a national holiday celebrating these delicious morsels of goodness? I don’t know ANYONE who doesn’t love a good meatball ANYTHING!
Want to know our favorite? We love the authentically Italian Mama Mancini meatballs. Their entire product line is made from all natural ingredients – items like meatballs, stuffed meatballs, Italian sauces and so much more. Everything is slow-cooked to perfection.
My real reason for loving Mama Mancini’s though? Our favorites are already fully-cooked which means all I need to do is put them in the sauce and warm them up! I’m notorious for getting sidetracked and either burning my meatballs I’ve made from scratch or not cooking them through completely. Nothing worse than having your mouth all set for some delicious meatballs only to take a bite and find the inside is still raw. Ugh!
Mama Mancini’s prepared meatballs taste like my nana’s homemade meatballs, but I can heat them up in minutes and don’t have to spend all that time mixing and measuring seasonings! Double win for this mama! Perfect for anyone, from singles to college students, and families alike to celebrate this fun and delicious food holiday.
Today it’s spaghetti and meatballs for dinner (Mama Mancini’s of course!) and this weekend, Tre and I are going to make some homemade pizza. Since we both love meatballs so much, I thought a meatball pizza would be just the ticket! We’re sharing Mama Mancini’s Meatball Pizza recipe with you below!
Mama Mancini's Meatball Pizza
- 12- inch Pre-made pizza crust or prepare your own
- 3- Mama Mancini’s Meatballs sliced
- 1- cup of Mama Mancini’s slow cooked sauce
- 1/2- cup of shredded mozzarella. More if desired
- 1- tbs of grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1- tbs of shredded fresh basil optional
- Pre heat your oven to 450 degrees
- Place the pizza crust on a baking sheet
- Spread the sauce on the pizza crust
- Top with the mozzarella and grated cheese
- Place the meatball slices on the pizza
- Place in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes
- Finish with the basil (if using) and let the pizza rest for a couple minutes before serving.
Here in Richmond, you can pick up Mama Mancini’s products at your local Giant food store or at BJ’s Wholesale Club. Available at all of the “hip” grocery chains, you can find out where to pick up a package of Mama Mancini’s meatballs for your dinner tonight by clicking here.
Connect with Mama Mancini’s on Social Media
Facebook — Twitter — Pinterest
Are you making a delicious meatball dish for dinner this evening? Maybe having a meatball sub for lunch? Leave a comment below and let us know how you’re celebrating National Meatball Day!!