St. Patrick’s Day is right around the corner and Cherie Calbom, author of Sugar Knockout, offers us some fabulous ways to ditch the sugar but still enjoy something yummy and sweet!
St. Patty’s Green Smoothie Supreme
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1 medium-ripe bananas, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach
- 1 large kale leaf, chopped
- 1 small handful parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened plant milk or coconut water
- 1 tablespoon hemp or flaxseeds
- Goji berries
- Sunflower seeds
- Chia seeds
- Sesame seeds
*Blend all ingredients. Yield: 2 servings
Get Your Greens On! (Juice Cocktail)
- 1 green apple
- ½ large fennel with fonds
- 1-inch piece ginger root
- 1 large broccoli stem
- 1 rib celery
- 3 leaves kale
- ½ cucumber, peeled if not organic
*Cut produce to fit your juicer. Start by juicing the apple and finish with the cucumber. Drink as soon as possible.
- 1 Florida avocado or 2 California avocados
- 1/4 cup coconut syrup, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2-inch piece lemon peel
- Approximately 1/4 cup almond milk, as needed
- Fresh strawberries or raspberries for garnish
- Finely grated coconut
*Cut avocado or avocados in half lengthwise. Remove pit and scoop out flesh. Place flesh in a blender along with coconut syrup, vanilla, lemon juice, and lemon peel. Blend until smooth and creamy, adding as much milk as needed to make it blendable. Taste and add more sweetener if necessary. Put the mousse in chilled sherbet glasses. Top with strawberries or raspberries and sprinkle with a little grated coconut. Chill until ready to serve. Serves 4–6.
Cherie Calbom is a leading authority on healthy diets, juicing, and weight loss. Known as a celebrity nutritionist, Juice Lady, and TV chef. She is a graduate of Bastyr University with a Master of Science degree in whole foods nutrition, Cherie is author of 31 books including Sugar Knockout, The Anti-Inflammation Diet, and The Juice Lady’s Big Book of Juices and Green Smoothies. No stranger to healthy diet trends, Cherie joined George Foreman as nutritionist and spokesperson in the Knockout the Fat Grilling phenomena.
The Cherie Calbomsure does look to be very yummy and sweet. I am going to follow your special recipe and see how good I can do making it.