Disclosure: I am participating in a blog post campaign from One2One Network and Walt Disney Records. All thoughts and opinions, however, are 100% my own – as usual!
I don’t know about you, but whenever I see that Walt Disney logo and the trademark lettering, I get all warm and fuzzy inside because I know that something great is about to come!
I am absolutely thrilled to have this opportunity to tell you about Disney Records’ new Disney Classics box set! Available for purchase at digital and physical retail stores on November 12, the box set features 94 original recordings from Disney and Disney-Pixar movies, television shows and theme parks celebrating over 85 years of Disney musical magic.
This box set was compiled by Disney Music Group’s resident music historian and Grammy-winning producer, Randy Thornton. Mr. Thornton said:
“From the Studio’s earliest days, music has always been an integral part of the Disney creative process. But when “Who’s Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf” debuted in 1933, it began a musical legacy that remains unmatched to this day – probably the most recognizable and beloved song catalog in the world. Even though the musical styles range from inspiring ballads, novelty songs, folk, rock, to Broadway show tunes, Disney Music is a genre in and of itself.”
We could not have said it better ourselves, Mr. Thornton!
My personal favorite is the Disney Television Classics. Not only are their favorite songs from the shows I grew up watching, there are new favorites as well that I’ve enjoyed immensely with my own children such as “The Naked Mole Rap” and “Gitchee Gitchee Goo.”
We have watched all of the High School Musical movies (including the different variations of each) at least 30 times or more combined. We know all the words to all of the songs. I’ve been known to break into song and sing Gabrielle’s part in “The Start of Something New” at the beginning of the movie.
Another all-time favorite is “Its a Small World.” This song brings back memories of my dearly departed Nana who first introduced me to this song. She had the original 1963 album with images of the ‘small world’ at Walt Disney World. I would listen to that song over and over, looking at the beautiful images from the different lands, and wish for the day when I would finally be able to visit Walt Disney World in person and see it all for myself. I never have been able to go yet, which is a huge disappointment for me.
Back to the music though! There are four volumes to the collection:
- Disney Modern Classics
- Disney Timeless Classics
- Disney Theme Park Classics
- Disney Television Classics
Available exclusively as a free download when the box set is pre-ordered at iTunes and Amazon is the all-new “Disney Classics Medley” which features songs from “The Lion King,” “Aladdin,” “Pocahontas,” “The Little Mermaid” and “Beauty and the Beast,” performed by YouTube a capella sensations Alex G and Peter Hollens! With a combined 100 million plus views, Alex G and Peter perform covers of songs using only the sounds of their voices. You can view their music video on Alex G’s YouTube Channel to get a taste of what you’ll be receiving!
Listed below is a listing of the songs you will find on this Disney Classics Box set which you can pre-order at Amazon right now!
Disney Modern Classics
- Under the Sea – The Little Mermaid
- Be Our Guest – Beauty and The Beast
- Seize the Day – Newsies
- A Whole New World – Aladdin
- What’s This? – Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas
- Circle of Life – The Lion King
- Colors of the Wind – Pocohontas
- You’ve Got a Friend in Me – Toy Story
- Out There – The Hunchback of Notre Dame
- I Won’t Say (I’m in Love) – Hercules
- Reflection – Mulan
- The Time of Your Life – A Bug’s Life
- Strangers Like Me – Tarzan (Phil Collins)
- When She Loved Me – Toy Story 2
- Whopp-de-Dooper Bounce – The Tigger Movie
- If I Didn’t Have You – Monsters, Inc.
- Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride – Lilo & Stitch
- Look Through My Eye – Brother Bear
- One Little Slip – Chicken Little
- Happy Working Song – Enchanted
- Dig a Little Deeper – The Princess and The Frog
- I See the Light – Tangled (Mandy Moore)
- We Belong Together – Toy Story 3
Disney Theme Park Classics
- The Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Room – Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room
- Swisskapolka – Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse
- Yo Ho (A Pirate’s Life for Me) – Pirates of the Caribbean
- Splash Mountain Medley – Splash Mountain
- The Bear Serenade – Country Bear Jamboree
- Grim Grinning Ghost – Haunted Mansion
- It’s a Small World – It’s A Small World
- There’s a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow – Carousel of Progress
- The Great Outdoors – Country Bear Vacation Hoedown
- Space Mountain – Space Mountain
- Soarin’ – Soarin’ Over California
- It’s Tough to Be a Bug – It’s Tough to Be a Bug!
- California Screamin’ – California Screamin’
- The Best Time of Your Life – Carousel of Progress
- Space Mountain – Space Mountain (2005)
- Universe of Energy – Universe of Energy
- Kitchen Kabaret Medley – Food Rocks
- One Little Spark – Journey Into Imagination
- Canada (You’re a Lifetime Journey) – O Canada!
- Golden Dream – The American Adventure
- Finale – Fantasmic!
Disney Timeless Classics
- Who’s Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf – Three Little Pigs
- Whistle While You Work – Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
- When You Wish Upon a Star – Pinocchio
- When I See an Elephant Fly – Dumbo
- Little April Shower – Bambi
- The Three Caballeros – The Three Caballeros
- Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah – Song of the South
- Lavender Blue (Dilly Dilly) – So Dear to My Heart
- A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes – Cinderella
- All in the Golden Afternoon – Alice in Wonderland
- You Can Fly! You Can Fly! You Can Fly! – Peter Pan
- What a Dog/He’s a Tramp – Lady and The Tramp
- Once Upon a Dream – Sleeping Beauty
- Cruella De Vil – 101 Dalmatians
- Let’s Get Together – The Parent Trap
- The Ugly Bug Ball – Summer Magic
- A Spoonful of Sugar – Mary Poppins
- The Monkey’s Uncle – The Monkey’s Uncle
- Fortuosity – The Happiest Millionaire
- The Bare Necessities – The Jungle Book
- Ev’rybody Wants to Be a Cat – The Aristocats
- Whistle Stop – Robin Hood
- Someone’s Waiting for You – The Rescuers
- It’s Not Easy – Pete’s Dragon
- Best of Friends – The Fox and The Hound
Disney Television Classics
- Mickey Mouse March – The Mickey Mouse Club
- The Ballad of Davy Crockett – Davy Crockett – King of the Wild Frontier
- The Triple R Song (Yippi-A, Yippi-I, Yippi-O) – The Adventures of Spin and Marty
- Theme of Zorro – Zorro
- Scarecrow – The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh
- Winnie the Pooh – Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree
- Minnie’s Yoo Hoo – The Mouse Factory
- Who, What, Why, Where, When and How Day – The New Mickey Mouse Club
- Gummi Bears Theme – The Adventures of the Gummi Bears
- Duck Tales Theme – Duck Tales
- Chip ‘n’ Dale’s Rescue Rangers Theme Song – Chip ‘n’ Dale’s Rescue Rangers
- Darkwing Duck Theme – Darkwing Duck
- Theme to Lizzie McGuire (Extended Supa Mix) – Lizzie McGuire
- Rockin’ at the House of Mouse (Extended Version) – House of Mouse
- The Naked Mole Rap – Kim Possible
- Cheetah Sisters – The Cheetah Girls
- Aloha, E Komo Mai – Lilo & Stitch: The Series
- Hot Dog! – Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
- Get’cha Head in the Game – High School Musical
- Nobody’s Perfect – Hannah Montana 2
- Gitchee Gitchee Goo – Phineas and Ferb
- This Is Me – Camp Rock
- What Time Is It – High School Musical 2
- Everything Is Not as It Seems – Wizards of Waverly Place
- Mickey Mouse Club Alma Mater – The Mickey Mouse Club
The Disney Classics box set will be available wherever music is sold on November 12, 2013. For more information on Walt Disney Records’ releases, please visit Disney.com/music, become a fan on Facebook or follow us on Twitter!
Make some Disney Magic with your kids and order these timeless classics today!