I have long been a fan of nature series that give us a glimpse inside a rarely seen world by human eyes. Disneynature’s newest true-life adventure film, Born in China, journeys into your home on digital and Blu-ray combo pack (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital) on August 29, 2017.
In continuing efforts to help protect the wild animals featured in the film, Disneynature has, through the Conservation Fund, made a contribution to World Wildlife Fund (WWF) to focus efforts that benefit wild pandas and snow leopards, which you will see in this film.
ABOUT THE FILM
Born in China is narrated by John Krasinski, and transports audiences to China’s most extreme environments where few people have ever ventured. Imagine witnessing adorable moments in the lives of three animal families – a doting panda bear mother, a 2-year-old golden snub-nosed monkey, and a mother snow leopard. You know that your family is in for a treat already!
The in-home release comes packaged with all-new bonus features that take viewers deeper into the making of a true-life adventure film, showcasing the extreme measures it took to travel, film, observe and encounter these amazing animals in their natural habitats in far northeast China. It also showcases how Disneynature and the Disney Conservation efforts behind these films have helped make a difference around the globe, and features the full music video by “American Authors” end-credit song, “Everything Everything.”
If you were not lucky enough to catch the movie in theaters earlier this year, here’s the trailer to tantalize you and leave you wanting to see more.
Born in China is directed by accomplished Chinese filmmaker Lu Chuan and produced by Disney’s Roy Conli and renowned nature filmmakers, Brian Leith and Phil Chapman. The film features an orchestral score composed by Emmy-winner Barnaby Taylor that incorporates authentic Chinese flavors.
Bonus Features (Blu-ray & Digital)
- Bonus features may vary by retailer
- Panda Suits & Bamboo Shoots – Join the team as they struggle through an almost impenetrable bamboo forest in an effort to capture footage of pandas in the wild.
- Walking with Monkeys – The shivering crew bundles up to film the adorable golden snub-nosed monkeys engaged in a surprisingly human activity.
- Masters of Camouflage – Go behind the scenes as the filmmakers set out on a quest never before achieved: to find and film a snow leopard family in the wild.
- Wading Through Wetlands – A crew travels to far northeast China to catch the first moments of a red-crowned crane chick’s life.
- “Everything Everything” Music Video Performed by American Authors – check out the full music video of American Authors end-credit song “Everything Everything.”
- Disneynature: Get Inspired, Get Involved –Join Disneynature and the Disney Conservation as they thank our audiences and the animals who star in the films for helping to make Disneynature and its conservation efforts a success.
- Product SKUs: Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray+DVD+Digital), Digital HD/SD, and On-Demand
- Feature Run Time: Approximately 79 minutes
- Rating: G in U.S., G in CE, and G in CF
- Aspect Ratio: 1080p High Definition / Widescreen 1:78:1
- Audio: English Audio 5.1 DTS-HDMA
- Languages/Subtitles: Blu-ray = English SDH, Spanish and French
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
Disneynature was launched in April 2008. Its mission is to bring the world’s top nature filmmakers together to share a wide variety of wildlife stories on the big screen in order to engage, inspire and educate theatrical audiences everywhere. Walt Disney was a pioneer in wildlife filmmaking, producing 13 True-Life Adventure motion pictures between 1948 and 1960, which earned eight Academy Awards®. The first six Disneynature films, “Earth,” “Oceans,” “African Cats,” “Chimpanzee,” “Bears” and “Monkey Kingdom” are six of the top seven highest overall grossing feature-length nature films to date, with “Chimpanzee” garnering a record-breaking opening weekend for the genre. Disneynature’s commitment to conservation is a key pillar of the label and the films empower the audience to help make a difference.
ABOUT DISNEY CONSERVATION FUND (DCF)
The Disney Conservation Fund, founded in 1995, is a key pillar in Disney’s efforts to protect the planet and help kids develop lifelong conservation values. The fund supports the study of wildlife; the protection of habitats; the development of community conservation and education programs in critical ecosystems; and experiences that connect kids to nature across the globe. More information about DCF’s efforts for wildlife, wild places and the people linked to their survival, is available at www.disney.com/conservation.
ABOUT DISNEY MOVIES ANYWHERE (DMA):
Disney Movies Anywhere (DMA) is an engaging and family-friendly cloud-based digital movie service that makes it easy to buy Disney, Pixar, Marvel and Star Wars movies once and watch them anywhere. Viewers can enjoy their digital movies from the comfort of their living room and across multiple mobile platforms by simply adding the free DMA app or channel to their devices, such as iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Android mobile phones and tablets, Android TV, Amazon’s Fire tablets, Fire TV and Fire TV Stick, Roku, and Xbox 360, and connecting to their DMA account with participating providers including iTunes, Amazon Video, VUDU, Google Play, Microsoft Movies & TV and Fios by Verizon. DMA users can explore Disney’s library of over 450 digital movies, discover hours of new and exclusive short-form content, redeem Digital Movie codes found in eligible Disney, Pixar, Marvel, and Star Wars product, and earn Disney Movie Rewards points with every digital purchase.
ABOUT THE WALT DISNEY STUDIOS:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today, the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios; Disneynature; Marvel Studios; Lucasfilm; and Touchstone Pictures. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!.