When you think ‘black bean’ I bet you think all sorts of Mexican and/or Cuban dishes, right? Well, I did – so imagine my surprise when I realized that you can get this funky looking but delicious tasting Black Bean Spaghetti from Explore Cuisine too! Add in some authentic Heirloom tomatoes from Virginia (yes, I think they’re the best – I’m biased!) and this dish just begs to be gobbled up in no time!
- 1 package Explore Cuisine Black Bean Spaghetti – cooked, drained
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes– seeded, chopped
- 2 ½ T. olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 5 basil leaves, cut into ribbons
- salt and red pepper flakes to taste
- Boil 8 cups of water, pour in organic black bean spaghetti, cook for 8 minutes. Drain.
- Toss your seeded and diced Heirloom tomatoes with 1/2 teaspoon olive oil, ribbons of fresh basil, minced garlic, salt and red pepper flakes to your taste.
- Toss spaghetti with 2 T. olive oil.
- Top with heirloom tomato mixture.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 423Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 113mgSodium: 115mgProtein: 22g