Disclosure: I received compensation for preparation and posting of this article. All opinions, however, are 100% my own. I have thoughtfully reviewed the company below and offer my unbiased opinion to you on their services and product. Bloominous has received a two thumbs up rating from Life in a House of Testosterone for their customer service promise and quality.
The Bloominous Concept
Richard, the founder of Bloominous, was a General Manager of one of the largest companies in the floral industry when he and his wife were planning their November 2012 wedding. So naturally, he had a good sense of how much flowers should cost, so he and his bride-to-be budgeted for about $500 to $1,000 to be reasonable for flowers. To their dismay, all the wedding florists quoted them a price of between $2,000 and $4,000 for their arrangements. Yikes! From their own personal experiences, the IKEA for wedding flowers concept was born and six months after Richard and his wife wed, he left his GM position and started Bloominous, to help other brides on a budget have the day of their dreams without having to compromise due to budget constraints.
DIY Flowers from Bloominous – the IKEA for Wedding Flowers
Let’s face it, flowers for your wedding can be super expensive. There is usually a typical 300% markup from wedding florists – why pay that when you don’t need to? I get it – the entire process of deciding to go DIY for your wedding is daunting. There is the research, purchasing and arranging that often causes more stress and dollars.
So I can see the wheels turning – what’s the advantage of going with a DIY floral service for my wedding?
- COST SAVINGS – you won’t have to deal with the 300% markup from the wedding florists. Bloominous brides save anywhere from 30% to 50% off their original floral budget!
- PREPPED KITS – even if you go to a local florist to select your flowers and make your own arrangements – those flowers are not going to come cut-to-order, dethorned, and trimmed – Bloominous brides get their flowers ready for arrangement – you just place them in their container and arrange them and YOU. ARE. DONE.
- NOT THE DIY TYPE OF PERSON? – no worries! Each kit comes with step-by-step instructions for easy assembling within 10 to 20 minutes per piece, as well as flower care products and design tips from the expert!
- FLORIST AT YOUR FINGERTIPS – Every bride should be able to have an experienced florist for their wedding, and Bloominous understands this and all of their specialty flowers and collections are designed by florists with 10+ years of experience in event and floral design.
- ONE STOP SHOP – Bloominous takes care of more than just flowers – the latest trends, vases, party favors, they will design the entire look for your inspiration. Get some ideas from their current offerings and blog!
The Bloominous Promise
This is what I love about this company. They get it that your wedding has to be perfect and error-free. After all, (we hope) that this is a once in a lifetime occasion that is to be celebrated, cherished, and remembered for years to come. So in their own words, this is their promise to you:
- Trial before you commit: We offer a Trial Kit at cost for each design so a couple can assess the design and the DIY work involved before purchasing the full package.
- Precise customization: We offer several base packages that maximize savings. You can add more à la cart pieces to make precise bundles suited for each wedding, so no waste of money and flowers. If you have further customization requests, you can always call (888) 600-6577 and we will do our best to assist you.
- Guaranteed delivery: We guarantee deliveries are made 2-3 days before the wedding. If the original package cannot be delivered on time for some reason, we will dispatch a swat team to the Los Angeles flower market (one of the largest flower markets in the nation) to replicate the order and ship it to you overnight at our cost. You can rest assured to have flowers for your wedding.
So if you are a DIY novice or an expert at all things DIY, give Bloominous a shot. You’ll receive beautifully designed, packed and delivered kits of wedding floral collections you choose – complete with step-by-step instructions for each design, flowers shipped with their matching accessories (vases, ribbons, etc.) to keep your work manageable and easy to arrange.
Stop by the Bloominous website today and check out some of their featured collections and their Trial Kits. My absolute favorite (although I love all of them!) is the Country Charm Trial Kit. I love the use of sunflowers! You don’t see them often in a wedding arrangement and these are absolutely stunning!