Mother’s Day is May 13, 2018 here in the United States, so for this week’s edition of Friday Finds we are focusing on gifts that moms would love to receive – and we should know – because they are all gifts that this mom would love to receive!
The only wine-ing that Mom will approve of this Mother’s Day is the vino. (Yes, I totally stole that from the latest Yummly newsletter.) So for the wine-loving Mom in your life we have these picks for you to check out.
Cracked open a new bottle of wine and realized you just weren’t able to polish it off? This amazing wine saver will keep a bottle of wine fresh for up to a week after it’s been opened!
If you love a cold drink but hate the watered-down taste from melting ice cubes, these reusable wine cubes and chilling stones are perfect to serve mom her favorite beverage, fresh and cold!
What mom wouldn’t love this inventive way to keep a glass of wine handy as you relax the day away in a bubble bath? I’ve already sent pictures to the boys and told them that’s what I want them to get me for Mother’s Day!
Nuni Tortilla Toaster
We mentioned this amazing little toaster in our April 6 edition of Friday Finds but I had to share this with y’all again! My contact thinks that it’s the neatest thing in the world too! The Nuni Team brought taco fixins to their office and just ONE Nuni. They had 50 tacos fed to the crew in less than 10 minutes. Now THAT is amazing right there!
No more burned tortillas and no soggy tortillas that were heated in the microwave (guilty!) with The Nuni Tortilla Toaster. Psst – The Nuni is usually priced at $99, but you can grab one right now for just $69! On sale 5/4 – 5/5 so go order it right now!
Jessie Steele Aprons
I absolutely adore these aprons – I would have loved to have had matching aprons for April and I when she was younger.
Jessie Steele is on a mission to make women channel their inner icon and feel fearlessly feminine! Inspired by the fab women of the 40s and 50s, these aprons are all about nostalgia and bringing the fun back into entertaining friends and families.
Jessie Steele’s exclusive prints & aprons can be seen in famous TV scenes from Sex & the City 2 and 30 Rock. Celebrities such as Jennifer Aniston, Betty White and Rachael Ray have all rocked these unique kitchen essentials.
This timeless brand also offers the perfect pair for Mommy & Me with both adult and child size aprons, just in time for Mother’s Day!
Some features of the Jessie Steele aprons:
- Original Jessie Steele designs feature parisian prints and summertime designs
- Select aprons are available with a matching oven mitt for the ultimate kitchen pairing!
- Full length and half apron lengths are available for both adults and children
- A variety of silhouettes to choose from, based on your own personal style
- Prices range from $24 to $32 – not too bad for these beautifully feminine aprons!
Be sure to check out the Jessie Steele website! There are other items to accompany your apron purchase – such as oven and pot mitts, rubber gloves, towels, napkins, bags, totes, headbands and shower caps.
Mom is exhausted! Help her get a better nights sleep with Dreampad. The Dreampad is the tech-based solution to getting quality snooze time and drifting off to sleep quickly! Each Dreampad pillow comes with a free Dreampad music app that features eight different soundscape options as well as the ability to program one’s own music. It also includes a timer, alarm, and listening settings. Available in Memory, Medium, Firm, and Slim (Travel).
Chocolate Pizza Company
Give your mom the gift of chocolate with gourmet chocolate gifts from Chocolate Pizza Company. The hand-decorated, heart-shaped Chocolate Pizzas will have her swooning. Featured on Food Network, Food Network Canada, NBC’s Today Show, ABC News and other major media, Chocolate Pizza Company has been America’s gold standard of Chocolate Pizza for nearly 3 decades.
Spoil Mom with Mionetto This Mother’s Day
Mother’s Day is the perfect opportunity to show the special woman in your life just how much she means to you. Even though we love the Chocolate Pizza Company, take a break from the standard chocolate and flowers this year and give her something she really wants – massive amounts of delicious bubbly!
Mionetto offers truly exceptional wines that appeal to any palate, and can even be used in many cocktail recipes. So go ahead, put a smile on her face, and share one of these delicious bottles of bubbly with her this year!
This wine will immediately excite mom’s palate! The aroma of exotic fruits, apple, and pear immediately greet you after you pop the cork!
Mionetto Luxury Cartizze DOCG ($45 SRP)
This is the perfect well-balanced combination of a crisp taste and elegance in one bottle. A majestic, multi-faceted bouquet releases seductive impressions of apple and pear, alongside notes of citrus and glazed almond, making this a prime choice for a lazy Sunday brunch with Mom.
Mionetto Sparkling Rose ($14 SRP)
Mionetto also collaborated with mixologist Justin Noel to create the delicious Lavender Blush cocktail. A blend of gin, fresh grapefruit juice, and Lavender syrup will make the perfect libation for mom, and all topped off with Mionetto Sparkling Rose!
Mionetto also just released the Mionetto mini-bottles in both brut and rosé sparkling wine. I was not sure that I was going to like the brut at first, but it was really good! Perfect for grab-and-go as we head into warmer weather.
Breakfast in Bed for Mom this Mother’s Day from Jarlsberg Cheese
One of my favorite things about Mother’s Day? I get the day off from cooking and cleaning up after everyone! With ready to be served Jarlsberg Cheese, your kids can help make breakfast in bed for mom on Mother’s Day.
This Mother’s Day, get the special day started off right with some simple-to-prepare and cheesy-good breakfast dishes from renowned Chef George Duran!
- 2 8-oz. refrigerated crescent roll dough
- Flour, for dusting
- 4 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 12 slices thin-cut ham
- 12 slices Jarlsberg cheese
- ½ C. grated Jarlsberg cheese
- Chives or green onions, for garnish
- Non-stick spray
- Pre-heat oven to 375 F and spray non-stick spray in an 8 X 8 pan or similar.
- Unroll dough on a floured surface and gently stretch out until dough is about 8” x 12”. Sprinkle 2 Tbsp. of brown sugar throughout the dough, then evenly line up six slices of ham and six slices of cheese on top. Starting on the short side, begin rolling dough jelly roll style. Cut into six even pieces.
- Repeat with next piece of dough and place all 12 buns inside pan. Sprinkle grated Jarlsberg on top and place in oven and cook for 20-25 minutes until bun is full cooked. Garnish with chives or green onions and serve.
- Makes 1 dozen sticky buns.
- 36 frozen tater tots
- 2 cups Jarlsberg® cheese, grated and separated
- 8 Large eggs
- 2 Jalapeño peppers, seeds and veins removed and chopped finely
- ½ red pepper, chopped finely
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground pepper
- Finely chopped parsley, for garnish
- Non-stick spray
- 12 cup muffin tin pan
- Preheat oven to 425° F and spray 12 cup muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- Place 3 tater tots into each muffin tin and bake for 10 minutes. Remove carefully and use a small spoon or fork to gently press down to form the base and sides of each tater tot muffin.
- Divide 1 cup of Jarlsberg® cheese throughout the tater tots and place back in the oven for 10 more minutes.
- In the meantime beat the eggs in a large bowl and combine the jalapeño, red peppers, heavy cream, salt and pepper. Once the tater tot muffins are done, carefully divide egg mixture into each tater tot cup. Top evenly with remaining cup of grated Jarlsberg® and place back into the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove each muffin and allow to cool for 5 minutes on a cooling rack before garnishing with parsley and serving.
- Makes 1 dozen muffins.
- This recipe can be made non-spicy by replacing the jalapeño with the same amount of green bell peppers.
Cheese elevates every occasion, and Mother’s Day is no exception! What a great way to surprise mom with a delicious, simple-to-prepare breakfast served by her favorite people in the world: you and your kids!
Treets has a large range of skincare and bath products that are a great gift for mom. Check out these items available!
Ancient Beauty Traditions Worthy of Your Mother’s Day Gift List
In time for Mother’s Day gifting, the Treets Traditions natural body care collection brings beauty back to the motherland. From the coasts of Asia to the terrains of Africa, this culture-rich collection has resurrected a tried and true beauty secret for each and every moms’ at home spa experience.
Although our ancestors didn’t have cosmetic procedures and fancy day creams to maintain their skin, beauty was still a priority. For thousands of years, people relied on the healing power of nature for their skin health. Treets Traditions employs the power of herbs, flowers and plant extracts to produce a timeless variety of shower creams, body oils, bath fizzers, moisturizers and more.
Treets Traditions Products Are Free Of:
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate
- Mineral Oil
Mother’s Day Gift Guide – With Discounts!
Whether it’s your mom, grandma, aunt, BFF or other special mama in your life… spoil her this Mother’s Day with a gift that will make her feel and look fabulous! We’ve put together a list of great gift ideas that are offering a special Mother’s Day discount.
Remind mom you love her 365 days of the year with flowers that never fade. Now those are my kind of flowers! Get mom roses that will last a YEAR without ever needing water! Each arrangement is handmade with 100% real Ecuadorian roses and presented in beautiful hat boxes made from luxurious soft touch paper or suede.
DISCOUNT: Take 20% off with the code MOM on orders through May 20.
Mommy-daughter twinning is the sweetest!
ModerneChild is where all the chicest mommies shop! Known for their high quality, adorable and always affordable dresses and accessories for little ladies, this celebrity-loved boutique has a variety of adorable outfits for moms to match their mini-fashionistas.
DISCOUNT: 20% off with the code Mothers20 now through Mother’s Day.
Perfect for the busy mom, Vessel’s chic, spacious totes can take mom from the office to lunch to playdates.
Handcrafted using the highest quality materials, these everyday accessories are designed for all adventures. Vessel’s gorgeous Signature Tote is the perfect piece to take from day to night, seamlessly transitioning from business meetings to brunches to boutique-ing.
DISCOUNT: $50 gift card with $200 purchase.
Give mom a helping hand with leggings that let her go hands-free while running errands.
Raeswear leggings are made to provide you with comfort and convenience whether you’re running errands or working out. Their unique 360 degree waistband pocket is easy to access and it’s stretchy enough to fit even the biggest phones. With RaesWear, you can do your thing hands-free, without the need for a fanny pack, belt or purse, because your keys, credit cards, cash or phone are all secure and right where you need them.
DISCOUNT: 10% off from May 1 through May 6 with the code THANKSMOM. Free shipping if you sign up for their newsletter.
Mama needs a time out from her hectic schedule.
Whether you’re doing Vinyasa yoga or Bikram yoga, finding your om can be hard when you’re sweaty and sliding off your yoga mat. Strike the perfect pose with Corc Yoga. Crafted from 100% organic cork, these earth-conscious mats combine raw beauty with comfort, bringing you balance.
DISCOUNT: 15% off and FREE yoga mat strap with purchase of a mat with the code MOM2018 through May 14.
Let mom cuddle up on the couch and catch up on her favorite shows!
If her idea of relaxing is lounging on the couch, sipping her tea and watching back to back episodes of the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills… so be it! As seen on Good Morning America, this blanket is ultra-soft, made of microfiber fleece and 6 feet long to cover you from head to toe. The best part is, it has a clever foot pocket to make sure your toes always stay nice and toasty!
DISCOUNT: 25% off and FREE shipping with the code MOM25 from April 30 through May 14.
Do you have a beautiful belle in your life? Shower her with the Honey Belle’s all-natural skincare collection. The chic brand offers these adorable Loofah Soap Bars that come in a variety of scents such as lavender, rose, peppermint and more! The eco-friendly loofahs are sliced into about an inch thick and then dipped into soap. Cleanse, scrub and exfoliate all at the same time. 4-packs are available for only $28.00.
Clean with Compassion. For every soap purchased, one is donated to an individual in need. #SoapsForSouls
Ultimate Face Kit ($65.00)
Give mom a healthy, boost of confidence with the Ultimate Face Kit. Mom can throw the Ultimate Face Kit into her purse, gym bag or carry on. (These are all carry-on friendly!) The Ultimate Face Kit includes:
- Foaming facial soap – Cleanse with luxury and ease
- Facial tonic – Hydrate and tone
- Day crème – Protect, repair and restore
- Night crème – Protect, repair and restore
- Eye crème – Balance, soothe and nourish
- Acne relief rollerball- Relieve your blemishes and fade scars
The Gold Collection ($35.00)
Light up mom’s striking features with a healthy glow and skin-loving ingredients.The Gold Collection is a 3 step process that easily transforms a dull complexion for a fresh and natural radiance.
The Gold Collection is great for all skin types and includes:
- Step 1 LUXE: organic cold pressed apricot kernel oil, rosemary + bergamot essential oil, vitamin E to help cleanse your skin from dirt, impurities, and toxins
- Step 2 FLORA: organic rosewater, organic aloe vera, witch hazel, + rosewood essential oil to tone your skin, minimize pores, and regenerate + heal scar tissue for a youthful complexion
- Step 3 ELIXIR: organic cold pressed hemp oil, grapefruit, rosemary, + basil essential oil, and vitamin E to deliver nutrients, moisture, and plump up the skin to create a healthy and youthful glow!
So there you have it ladies and gentleman … our Friday Finds Mother’s Day edition! I will be enjoying a pre-Mother’s Day weekend with some blogging friends and NO MEN ALLOWED! Stay tuned to our Facebook page and follow us on Periscope to watch our live videos from Taste of Virginia being held at Kings Dominion this weekend! It’s going to be a blast!
Posted with much love,