This year is a very special Mother’s Day for our family. My daughter-in-law, Mariah, and my son, Jonathan, welcomed our first grandchild to the family on March 18, 2020!
So, as you may have guessed by now – this edition of Friday Finds is dedicated to all the moms of the world. We appreciate you for all that you do – the tireless dedication to raising your children, teaching them, being a role model – you are AMAZING!
All of the Zoey Naturals products are effective and gentle formulas that are free of harsh chemicals and safe on our environment. They have this gorgeous New Mama Kit (just $45) for expectant mamas or those who just welcomed their new little one into the world. Naturally gentle, super moisturizing, and free of harsh chemicals.
The kit includes the following: Zoey Naturals Tote, Vanilla Grapefruit Body Butter, Soothing Lavender Body Oil, and Sweet Citrus Moisturizing Lotion. If you want to purchase these items separately – or add your favorites to your dash buttons on Amazon!
Baby Ink ink-less Print Kit
The Evolved Parent Co. products are no stranger to the Life in a House family. Amelia has these adorable teething rings ready and waiting for her, and mom and dad have already enjoyed using the Baby Bottom Buddy!
This particular gift, however, is near and dear to my heart. When all three of my children were born I was given a certificate with their hand and footprints along with the date and time they were born, their weight and length – and those certificates are something that I still cherish looking at all these years later. Mariah and Jonny didn’t get the chance to have that done at the hospital with Amelia because she was whisked away to the NICU at Children’s National Hospital in Washington, DC within 24 hours of being born.
- Certified Non-Toxic
- Multi-award winning world-wide
- EASY to use
- Suitable from Birth +
- Print any age (even adults!) – Wipe opens out 19.3 x 15cm
- Handwrite, draw, or print on the special paper
- Paper is clean, with no logo or watermark.
- Take multiple prints from the kit – one wipe will achieve at least 4-8 prints depending on the size of the subject.
- Long-lasting (based on FBI fingerprinting technology from the USA)
- Detailed instructions included
- 1 Non-toxic Ink-less wipe / towelette
- 4 x sheets of specially coated paper measuring 5.8” x 8.3” or A5 size
- Detailed Instructions
- Your choice of colors including black, blue, pink, grey, and bronze
Pick yours up today and tell the company we sent you!
Keababies Stroller Covers
Keababies is another favorite product here at Life in a House! Be sure to visit their website at keababies.com and sign up to become a #KeaParent and get a special discount off your first order!
The Explorer Diaper Backpack is the special of the week so be sure to check that out – but I cannot wait to show you this adorable stroller and car seat cover!
Since Amelia has a chorioretinal scar to her right eye that occurred in utero, her eyes are particularly sensitive to light – and these beautiful covers are the best baby essential for all new moms – and we are 100% sure that the new mom in your life is going to absolutely love it! The designs are simple and modern so they match any outfits and car seats.
One of the things that I love most about this cover is the versatility of this one product. Use it as a breastfeeding cover – it gives you 360 coverage without making baby and mommy feel warm or uncomfortable. Premium breathable and durable fabric that doesn’t see through!
The fabrics are buttery soft and breathable and specially designed to provide maximum airflow. They come with an adorably cute storage bag – which can also be used as a diaper bag organizer! The cover is so versatile – wear it as a chic infinity scarf and use it as a breastfeeding cover, a car seat canopy, shopping cart cover, stroller cover, even a pumping cover when needed!
This is the perfect gift for a new mom and one that they will use for many years and appreciate your thoughtful gift! It comes with a nice gift box and a pouch for storage. Several neutral designs and colors that are perfect for chic moms and suitable for girls and boys!
Seville Michelle Jewelry gifts Girl Scouts Troop 84005
This Mother’s Day, give the gift that gives twice. Seville Michelle, founder of Seville for the People and her namesake jewelry line Seville Michelle, has created a beautiful limited edition of her classic leather woven hoops into a beautiful Rose Color. With the purchase of the Small Leather Woven Hoop, or any items on her website, Seville will purchase and donate 1 jewelry making kit from Kid Made Modern to gift to a Girl Scouts Troop member in South Central, Los Angeles. Working with the founder/ troop leader of Girl Scouts Troop 84005, Seville is committed to bringing creativity back to the hands of Troop members, who are all currently under statewide quarantines.
The result: Community troops like 84005 are not receiving funding nor dues its members, young girls ranging in age of 8-14 years old. Troop 84005 depends on generous community partners to keep the girls inspired and above the circumstances in their neighborhood. Since COVID-19 and the Safer at Home orders, the girls are missing out on weekly lessons, crafts, and outings.
The history of the troop is just as storied as the region itself. After an officer-involved shooting occurred with gang members in Normandie Park, Harbor Gateway the community was left rattled with fear and in dire need of services to uplift and inspire them. Nicole Deering, Community Resource Specialist for the Neighborhood Prosecutors Program, LA City Attorney’s office was inspired to reach out to Girl Scouts of America to launch a troop the girls in the community could be a part of. Together, the LAPD Troop 84005 was born!
Your purchase of $30 or more guarantees a kit gets in the hands of a girl in Troop 84005! Please visit https://www.sevillemichelle.com to make your purchase, and make a difference in the hearts of these incredible girls!
Give Mom a Virtual Travel Experience
As someone who loves to travel, this is right up my alley! There are a multitude of experiences you can find online – these are just a few of our favorites!
This is not a virtual reality tour – this virtual guided tour is led by a licensed guide packed with photos, videos, polls, and a fully interactive chat with a live Q&A session at the end of the tour to satisfy all your questions about Florence and Italy.
Whether you have never been abroad – or spent every summer in Italy – you are going to be able to enjoy this exciting, interactive experience from the comfort of your home. All start times are Eastern Standard Time.
Your tour will be 60-minutes online and includes an expert English-speaking Florence Guide, who takes you on a virtual tour of the City of Florence and its museums followed by a live Q&A session to answer any questions. Some of the highlights include Brunelleschi’s Dome, Michelangelo’s David, Uffizi Gallery, Birth of Venus, Piazza della Signoria, and Ponte Vecchio – all for just $11 per person! Book your date here – there are still tours available for Mother’s Day as of our writing!
There are a multitude of other virtual experiences available such as:
- safariLIVE – we happen to be watching this right now as we are writing (using the YouTube app on Xfinity) and it is BREATHTAKING! For those of you homeschooling – kids get to ask their questions about the animals live and the grownups can ask questions later – this is a great learning tool!
- Paris’ Louvre Museum Virtual Guided Tour
- Ancient Rome Virtual Guided Tour
- Vatican and Sistine Chapel Virtual Guided Tour
- Withlocals Virtual Aperitivo Lesson with a Roman Local – Learn to make a traditional Italian aperitivo with a Roman local, get an ingredients list ahead of time so you’re properly prepared. hear about Italian culture, from art and history to food and drinks
- Virtual Cooking Class Live from Santorini – Learn to make Santorini tomato fritters at home during this virtual cooking class, receive a digital version of the recipe so you can print it at home to use again afterward, your instructor also teaches you about Greek traditions and Santorini history and please note this is a private virtual experience just for you and your household
- Private Virtual Pasta Cooking Class, Live from Tuscany – This private virtual pasta cooking class zeroes in on you and your group so you can soak in all the steps from the comfort of your kitchen in real-time with an instructor from Tuscany. From fettuccine to gnocchi and ravioli, walk away from this class with recipes straight from Italy.
You can find additional virtual tours and even more fun and excitement when you check out this article from TripAdvisor.
Mother’s Day Gear for Moms On The Go
As a new mom, you are busy watching every little thing that happens with your new baby – and especially so for moms with special needs children. So help that new mom in your life (or treat yourself!) to something special that will remind her of you every time she wears it!
The publisher earns affiliate commissions from Amazon or other affiliate programs for qualifying purchases where applicable. The opinions expressed about the independently selected products mentioned in this content are those of Life in a House.