Whether you are entertaining friends and family during the summer, or feeding a bunch of hungry teenagers, this delicious (and healthy) DIY Ginger Cantaloupe popsicle recipe is just the treat that you need to satisfy them all!
A fruit-filled snack that satisfies your sweet tooth guilt-free.
- 3 slices of fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 ripe cantaloupe
- Sliced strawberries (optional)
- Popsicle forms and popsicle sticks
- In a small sauce pan, add the sugar and 1/2 cup water over medium heat. Cook just until the sugar has melted. Remove from heat and drop in ginger. Set aside until cooled. (Remove ginger when ready to use!)
- Slice cantaloupe in half and scoop out seeds. Spoon cantaloupe flesh into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add just enough of the cooled ginger syrup to sweeten as desired. Save the remaining syrup for another use.
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze overnight. For a variation, push a few sliced strawberries down into the popsicle molds before freezing.
- Recipe Credit Terra's Kitchen
Let us know how your kids like the recipe in the comments below!
• Disclosure •
I have hungry teenagers. Who eat constantly. As a result, you may find affiliate links to products and services in this post. If you click on one of our links and make a purchase, we will earn a small commission that will enable me to feed the bottomless pits or buy myself a glass of wine to keep my sanity intact. We also don't want to anger the Federal Trade Commission so in accordance with the FTC Guidelines, we want you to know that we may receive products, money, or other forms of compensation for reviews, posts and/or advertisements. All opinions are 100% our own and simply put, if we don't like it, you won't find it here because we won't endorse it. We bring you valuable, informative information and fun products to enhance your life because we're all about sharing the cool stuff.