There are lots of women who buy hair extensions and wigs. The items are usually made of high quality hair (such as Brazilian hair), have higher density in comparison to their natural hair and can be styled without thinking of long term consequences. If you’ve never searched for such products online, three of the best sites to start from are Wigs.com, BellamiHair.com and HotBrazilianHair.com (this one has one of the cheapest human hair wigs & extensions on the Internet).
There are SO many things you can do with hair extensions. This is one of the reasons why they are so popular. Nevertheless, even if you like to play around with your hair extensions, there is a good chance such behavior will reduce their longevity. Shredding is a common problem and here are some tips that will help you prevent it. Even though there is no sure way to fully prevent it (as they will shred eventually) you can prolong it.
- Avoid using shampoo and instead focus on conditioner. Keep in mind that shampoos are only meant to clean the follicles, but they don’t do anything else. If you want your hair to look soft and stylish, conditioner is the way to go. In fact, the more shampoo you use, the dryer your hair extensions get. Needless to say, this will affect the quality of hair leading to breakage. On the flipside you got conditioner which is meant to provide proper moisture.
- Avoid using needles for wefts. Don’t pierce them during installation as this has an adverse effect.
- In case you’re installing a sewn-in, it needs to be installed by looping and tying the thread under and over the weft.
- Hair tools are really disastrous for hair extensions. They have a similar impact as on real hair. In other words, they will lead to excessive drying and breakage. This reduces the life expectancy. Irons and other heat appliances are problematic in every way possible. Instead try using some substitutions that don’t create as much heat. Also, try drying your hair naturally without using a hair dryer.
- A satin scarf can play a great role in protecting your hair. You should wear it during sleep as it prevents snagging, drying and breakage.
- Don’t play with your hair or let other people play with it. Some women have this nasty habit that causes irreversible damage. Just by running your fingers through it, you are likely to break the follicles.
- Make sure to seal wefts. At the same time, you should try to avoid splitting a weft. It usually does more harm than it has a positive impact. Lastly, you should clip the ends on every eight weeks.
- Avoid cutting the wefts and if you’re really forced to do it, make sure to seal each end beforehand. Bristle brushes can cause all sorts of issues and damage follicles. Avoid using them.
With these simple tips your hair extensions will last for a much longer time. Please remember to treat them as if they were your own hair. In general, the same tricks you use for your own hair, work for extensions as well. With just a little bit of your time, you will achieve wondrous results.