I am so excited y’all! I’ve been waiting and waiting to have some extra funds to grab me a mini-waffle maker so I could make chaffles at home. Finally found one that was in stock at Target and snagged that bad boy right up!
I picked it up Wednesday evening so I waited till the following morning to have some fun with it and try this recipe out I’ve had brewing in my head since I first learned about chaffles. It did NOT disappoint!
Gather the Ingredients
I was being lazy and just grabbed 4 mini sausage patties from the miniature sausage biscuits I’d bought for my son and threw the biscuit part away. You can use any meat protein you want though!
This is enough to make 4 chaffles so don’t overfill your mini waffle maker trying to make two of them. It will overflow everywhere (lesson learned!) so just pour enough in the center and then spread evenly with a spoon to ensure it covers the bottom. The egg will rise and expand as it cooks.
When I put the last bit of batter in for the final chaffle, I put the sausage patties in the microwave covered with a paper towel (keeps the grease from splattering everywhere and the patties moist), and cooked them on high for 1 minute.
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. diced tomato
- 1 tsp. diced onion
- 1 tsp. diced green peppers
- 1/4 cup finely shredded cheese (your flavor choice)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 mini sausage patties (or any meat of your choice)
- Crack eggs in a bowl or measuring cup and scramble well
- Add salt and pepper seasonings and mix well
- Add tomato, green pepper, and onions and mix again
- Finish by adding shredded cheese and mixing till completely blended
- Pour 1/4 of batter into mini waffle maker and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes (or a little longer if you like crispy)
- Remove from waffle maker and repeat till all 4 chaffles are finished
- Place mini sausage patties on chaffle (add condiments of your choice) and top with another chaffle
This is a delicious and filling breakfast sandwich to get your day started right!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 chaffles Serving Size: 2 chaffles
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 173
Let me know if you try the recipe out and do any variations! I love trying new things!