Richmond is hosting their Mardi Gras parade this Saturday, February 10th at 3 PM and we’ve got some great treats for before and after the parade to share with you!
Hurricane Snow Cone
- Elite Cocktail Shaker Set Bartender Kit by BARILLIO: 24 oz Stainless Steel Martini Mixer, Muddler, Mixing Spoon, jigger, 2 liquor pourers, Velvet Bag, Recipes Booklet & eBook
- Epure Venezia Collection 4 Piece Glassware Set (Pina Colada (15.5 oz))
- ZENY Ice Shaver Machine Electric Snow Cone Maker Stainless Steel Shaved Ice Machine 145lbs Per Hour
- Juice of half a lime
- 2 oz light rum
- 2 oz dark rum
- 2 oz passion fruit juice
- 2 oz Sparkling Ice Orange Mango
- 1 tablespoon grenadine
- Squeeze juice from half a lime into a cocktail shaker over ice.
- Pour the remaining ingredients into the shaker and shake gently.
- Strain into a hurricane glass filled with shaved ice, garnish with a cherry and orange slice.
Sparkling Ice Glazed Beignets
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 1 ⁄2 cups warm water 100-115 degrees F
- 1 ⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 7 cups flour
- 1 ⁄4 cup vegetable shortening
- Canola oil for frying
- 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar sifted to remove any lumps
- 3 to 4 tablespoons Sparkling Ice Peach Nectarine
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Place the warm water into a large bowl, sprinkle in the yeast and a couple teaspoons of the sugar and stir until thoroughly dissolved. Allow to proof for 10 minutes.
- Add the rest of the sugar, salt, eggs, and evaporated milk. Gradually stir in 4 cups of the flour and beat with a wooden spoon until smooth and blended thoroughly.
- Beat in the shortening, then add the remaining flour, about 1/3 cup at a time, beating it in with a spoon until it becomes too stiff to stir, then working in the rest with your hands. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight in a greased bowl.
- Roll the dough out onto a floured board or marble pastry surface to a thickness of 1/8 inch, then cut it into rectangles 2 inches by 3 inches with a sharp knife.
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer to 360 degrees F. Fry the beignets about 3 or 4 at a time until they are puffed out and golden brown on both sides, about 2-3 minutes per batch.
- Turn them over in the oil with tongs once or twice to get them evenly brown, since they rise to the surface of the oil as soon as they begin to puff out.
- Drain each batch on paper towels, place on a platter lined with several layers of paper towels, and keep warm in a 200 degree F oven until they’re all done.
- Make the glaze now for the beignets by placing the sugar in a medium bowl and slowly stir in the Sparkling Ice, a little at a time, to make a smooth, pourable glaze.
- Dip each one in glaze and serve.
We are looking forward to trying out these recipes and we hope you will also! Let us know what you think of them if you try them out for Mardi Gras!