I remember growing up as a young girl, there was absolutely nothing in this world that could keep me out of the kitchen when mom was making her homemade zucchini bread! The wonderful smell of it baking in the oven would just tickle your nose until it damn near drove you nuts if you didn’t get a piece fresh out the oven!
I love mine warm with a smidge of butter melting away on top, but it’s also great at room temperature. The nice thing about zucchini bread is that it freezes extremely well! When we would harvest the zucchini’s in the truck patch, mom and nana would spend all day making zucchini bread and putting them up in the freezer for the winter. Loved those days!
Mom's Recipes - Homemade Zucchini Bread
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 and 1/4 cups white sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup chopped walnuts optional
- Grease and flour two 8 x 4 inch pans. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sift flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture, beat well.
- Stir in the zucchini and nuts until well combined and then pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a rack for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan and let cool or serve warm with a smidge of butter.
With today being National Zucchini Day – I thought I would share mom’s homemade zucchini bread recipe with you. From our house to yours, with love!
Be the first to comment