This is a quick and easy meal to throw together at the last minute when you’ve forgotten to run to the market or take something out of the freezer. It was a family favorite of ours that mom made at least two or three times a month for us!
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 large onions, diced
- 1 pound elbow macaroni, cooked
- 2 green peppers, diced
- 1 large can tomatoes
- 1/2 pound sharp cheese, grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- Lightly brown ground beef, peppers and onion.
- Add tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- In greased baking dish put alternating layers of macaroni, beef mixture, then cheese.
- Finish with a layer of cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees until brown.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 876Total Fat: 53gSaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 154mgSodium: 334mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 42g
The publisher earns affiliate commissions from Amazon or other affiliate programs for qualifying purchases where applicable. The opinions expressed about the independently selected products mentioned in this content are those of Life in a House.