This is a quick and easy meal to throw together at the last minute when you’ve forgotten to run to the market or take something out of the freezer. It was a family favorite of ours that mom made at least two or three times a month for us!
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 large onions, diced
- 1 pound elbow macaroni, cooked
- 2 green peppers, diced
- 1 large can tomatoes
- 1/2 pound sharp cheese, grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- Lightly brown ground beef, peppers and onion.
- Add tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- In greased baking dish put alternating layers of macaroni, beef mixture, then cheese.
- Finish with a layer of cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees until brown.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 876Total Fat: 53gSaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 154mgSodium: 334mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 42g