The holidays always get me to thinking about the wonderful desserts that my mom used to make, especially during Christmas. Our house was always filled with the scents of baking cookies and pies from November through New Years. Mom would bake up enough cookies to last (so we thought) a lifetime, but usually by the first week of January, all those goodies were gone.
One of my favorites is my mom’s pecan pie recipe. You can also add brandy to the mix and cut back on the corn syrup to make it a more ‘grown up’ dessert for those office Christmas parties!
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 3 medium eggs
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Line pie dish with your pastry shell
- Beat the sugar, butter, corn syrup, salt, and eggs together with a hand beater
- Stir in the pecans
- Pour mixture into pastry-lined pie dish
- Bake until set, approximately 40 to 50 minutes
- Refrigerate pie until chilled - about 2-3 hours and then serve
Feel free to add our recipe to your Yumprint Recipe Box and share with us in the comments any variation of this delicious dessert your family enjoys!