Absolutely nothing better in this world than coming home from a hard day at work to find your house filled with incredible, mouth-watering scents of a meal that has been slow cooking all day and is ready and waiting when you walk in the door. Today I am sharing our fall favorite meals with you! Be sure to share them on Pinterest with your friends too!
- 2 pounds of beef stew
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 and 1/2 cups of beef broth
- 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 3 medium potatoes, diced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- Place the beef stew meat in the crockpot.
- Mix the flour, salt and pepper and pour over the meat, stirring to coat well.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to mix well.
- Cover and cook on low 10 to 12 hours or on high for 5 to 6 hours.
- Serve as is or over rice or noodles.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 12
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 146Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 197mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 11g
- 3 whole chicken breasts, halved
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 can sliced mushrooms (can substitute fresh mushrooms)
- Place chicken pieces in crockpot.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix broth and soup together and pour over chicken.
- Add mushrooms.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 282Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 103mgSodium: 1044mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 39g
- 2 quarts of water
- 1 turkey carcass
- 2 cups chopped turkey
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 cups of fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup of chopped carrots
- 1 cup of chopped onions
- 1 cup of chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup barley
- 1/2 cup flour
- Combine water, carcass, meat, mushrooms, carrots, onions, celery, garlic, poultry seasoning and salt in a 4 quart pot.
- Cover and simmer approximately 1 hour (until remaining meat falls off the carcass).
- Remove carcass (cut off any remaining meat) and add meat to soup.
- Add barley, simmer for one hour.
- Slowly add 1/2 milk into flour, mixing until smooth,
- Add to the soup and stir well until blended.
- Add the remaining milk and cook until thick.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 178Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 640mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 15g
- 1/2 medium chicken
- 3 medium carrots
- 3 large potatoes
- 3 celery stalks
- 1 large onion
- season to taste
- Cook chicken for 30 minutes, remove from water and let cool.
- Remove skin and debone, cut into bite-size pieces.
- Add back to the water and add the remaining ingredients.
- Season to taste and cook until vegetables are tender.
TO MAKE THE DROP DUMPLINGS (makes 6)
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon butter (not margarine)
1/2 cup milk
1 egg yolk, beaten (discard egg white)
Stir together flour, egg, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in milk to make a soft dough. Drop by spoonfuls into simmering stew.
Continue simmering soup for approximately another 30 minutes and then serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 263Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 77mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 7gSugar: 6gProtein: 9g
Click below to save all of these fantastic recipes to your Pinterest favorites!