Absolutely nothing better in this world than coming home from a hard day at work to find your house filled with incredible, mouth-watering scents of a meal that has been slow cooking all day and is ready and waiting when you walk in the door. Today I am sharing our fall favorite meals with you! Be sure to share them on Pinterest with your friends too!
Crockpot Style Beef Stew
- Crock-Pot SCCPVFC800-DS 8-Quart Slow Cooker, Programmable, Black Stainless,
- 2 pounds of beef stew
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 and 1/2 cups of beef broth
- 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 celery stalk sliced
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 medium carrots sliced
- 3 medium potatoes diced
- 2 medium onions chopped
- Place the beef stew meat in the crockpot.
- Mix the flour, salt and pepper and pour over the meat, stirring to coat well.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to mix well.
- Cover and cook on low 10 to 12 hours or on high for 5 to 6 hours.
- Serve as is or over rice or noodles.
Chicken in Mushroom Gravy
- 3 whole chicken breasts halved
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 can sliced mushrooms can substitute fresh mushrooms
- Place chicken pieces in crockpot.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix broth and soup together and pour over chicken.
- Add mushrooms.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
- 2 quarts of water
- 1 turkey carcass
- 2 cups chopped turkey
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 cups of fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup of chopped carrots
- 1 cup of chopped onions
- 1 cup of chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup barley
- 1/2 cup flour
- Combine water, carcass, meat, mushrooms, carrots, onions, celery, garlic, poultry seasoning and salt in a 4 quart pot.
- Cover and simmer approximately 1 hour (until remaining meat falls off the carcass).
- Remove carcass (cut off any remaining meat) and add meat to soup.
- Add barley, simmer for one hour.
- Slowly add 1/2 milk into flour, mixing until smooth,
- Add to the soup and stir well until blended.
- Add the remaining milk and cook until thick.
Chicken Noodle Soup with Rivels
- 1/2 medium chicken
- 3 medium carrots
- 3 large potatoes
- 3 celery stalks
- 1 large onion
- season to taste
- Cook chicken for 30 minutes, remove from water and let cool.
- Remove skin and debone, cut into bite-size pieces.
- Add back to the water and add the remaining ingredients.
- Season to taste and cook until vegetables are tender.
Click below to save all of these fantastic recipes to your Pinterest favorites!
Be the first to comment