Absolutely nothing better in this world than coming home from a hard day at work to find your house filled with incredible, mouth-watering scents of a meal that has been slow cooking all day and is ready and waiting when you walk in the door. Today I am sharing our fall favorite meals with you! Be sure to share them on Pinterest with your friends too!
- 2 pounds of beef stew
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 and 1/2 cups of beef broth
- 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 3 medium potatoes, diced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- Place the beef stew meat in the crockpot.
- Mix the flour, salt and pepper and pour over the meat, stirring to coat well.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to mix well.
- Cover and cook on low 10 to 12 hours or on high for 5 to 6 hours.
- Serve as is or over rice or noodles.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 12
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 146Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 197mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 11g
- 3 whole chicken breasts, halved
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 can sliced mushrooms (can substitute fresh mushrooms)
- Place chicken pieces in crockpot.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix broth and soup together and pour over chicken.
- Add mushrooms.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 282Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 103mgSodium: 1044mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 39g
- 2 quarts of water
- 1 turkey carcass
- 2 cups chopped turkey
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 cups of fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup of chopped carrots
- 1 cup of chopped onions
- 1 cup of chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup barley
- 1/2 cup flour
- Combine water, carcass, meat, mushrooms, carrots, onions, celery, garlic, poultry seasoning and salt in a 4 quart pot.
- Cover and simmer approximately 1 hour (until remaining meat falls off the carcass).
- Remove carcass (cut off any remaining meat) and add meat to soup.
- Add barley, simmer for one hour.
- Slowly add 1/2 milk into flour, mixing until smooth,
- Add to the soup and stir well until blended.
- Add the remaining milk and cook until thick.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 178Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 640mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 15g
- 1/2 medium chicken
- 3 medium carrots
- 3 large potatoes
- 3 celery stalks
- 1 large onion
- season to taste
- Cook chicken for 30 minutes, remove from water and let cool.
- Remove skin and debone, cut into bite-size pieces.
- Add back to the water and add the remaining ingredients.
- Season to taste and cook until vegetables are tender.
TO MAKE THE DROP DUMPLINGS (makes 6)
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon butter (not margarine)
1/2 cup milk
1 egg yolk, beaten (discard egg white)
Stir together flour, egg, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in milk to make a soft dough. Drop by spoonfuls into simmering stew.
Continue simmering soup for approximately another 30 minutes and then serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 263Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 77mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 7gSugar: 6gProtein: 9g
Click below to save all of these fantastic recipes to your Pinterest favorites!
The publisher earns affiliate commissions from Amazon or other affiliate programs for qualifying purchases where applicable. The opinions expressed about the independently selected products mentioned in this content are those of Life in a House.