This recipe is super hearty and filling but won’t make you bloated! Also a stellar meal to bring with you to work- make a big batch of it and put it into glass containers for a healthy meal prepped lunch ready in an instant. Many thanks to Lee Tilgham at Lee From America for this delicious recipe!
- 1/4 box Explore Cuisine Black Bean Spaghetti
- 1/2 zucchini spiralized into “noodles”
- 1/4 Red Bell Pepper
- 2 handfuls Baby Spinach
- 1/4 cucumber
- 1/4 cup corn (canned in water works great- just rinse them)
- 1/4 avocado mashed with fresh organic lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. vegan cheese (I used Leaf Cuisine Plain Cream Cheese) pumpkin seeds + dill for garnish
- Start by boiling a big pot of water for your black bean spaghetti. Once boiled, add the spaghetti and let cook for 6 minutes.
- Once done, remove from heat, rinse under cool water and set aside.
- Prep your veggies! Finely dice your cucumber, bell pepper, mash your avocado, spiralize your zucchini.
- Next, add a spicy adobo chipotle sauce to your noodles and zucchini noodles. Combine the ancho and guajillo chiles in a large bowl and add plenty of cold water to cover. Let them soak until soft, about 30 minutes. Place the soaked chiles in a blender along with the ginger, cumin, salt, and pepper. Blend until very smooth. Stop the motor a few times to scrape down the sides with a spatula and give things a stir, just to make sure everything’s getting puréed. Don’t be tempted to add liquid—you want the final sauce to be thick. Scrape the purée into a small bowl if you plan to use it soon, or into a jar with a tight fitting lid if you want to save it for later. It’ll keep in the fridge for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for 3 months.
- Add a few handfuls of baby spinach to a big ‘ol bowl. Add some noodles, guac, then add cucumber, red bell pepper, vegan cheese, pumpkin seeds, and freshly chopped dill!
Thanks for stopping by!
I'd love for you to join my email list! You’ll receive a notification straight to your inbox once a week on Monday which will include links to party posts and relevant info for the week! Simply enter your first name and address below.
Disclosure – I have teenagers who constantly need something and a husband who thinks items like race cars and boats are toys. So, throughout the blog you will find affiliate links that enable me to buy a bottle or two or three of wine to keep my sanity intact.