This recipe is super hearty and filling but won’t make you bloated! Also a stellar meal to bring with you to work- make a big batch of it and put it into glass containers for a healthy meal prepped lunch ready in an instant. Many thanks to Lee Tilgham at Lee From America for this delicious recipe!
- 1/4 box Explore Cuisine Black Bean Spaghetti
- 1/2 zucchini spiralized into “noodles”
- 1/4 Red Bell Pepper
- 2 handfuls Baby Spinach
- 1/4 cucumber
- 1/4 cup corn (canned in water works great- just rinse them)
- 1/4 avocado mashed with fresh organic lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. vegan cheese (I used Leaf Cuisine Plain Cream Cheese) pumpkin seeds + dill for garnish
- Start by boiling a big pot of water for your black bean spaghetti. Once boiled, add the spaghetti and let cook for 6 minutes.
- Once done, remove from heat, rinse under cool water and set aside.
- Prep your veggies! Finely dice your cucumber, bell pepper, mash your avocado, spiralize your zucchini.
- Next, add a spicy adobo chipotle sauce to your noodles and zucchini noodles. Combine the ancho and guajillo chiles in a large bowl and add plenty of cold water to cover. Let them soak until soft, about 30 minutes. Place the soaked chiles in a blender along with the ginger, cumin, salt, and pepper. Blend until very smooth. Stop the motor a few times to scrape down the sides with a spatula and give things a stir, just to make sure everything’s getting puréed. Don’t be tempted to add liquid—you want the final sauce to be thick. Scrape the purée into a small bowl if you plan to use it soon, or into a jar with a tight fitting lid if you want to save it for later. It’ll keep in the fridge for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for 3 months.
- Add a few handfuls of baby spinach to a big ‘ol bowl. Add some noodles, guac, then add cucumber, red bell pepper, vegan cheese, pumpkin seeds, and freshly chopped dill!
Posted with much love,