I love chowder – any kind of chowder – but this recipe for Sausage Corn Chowder is one of our family favorites. So many different ways you can change it up and truly make it your own – add bacon, use potatoes instead of hash browns, add cheese – the possibilities are endless!
Makes 6 Servings • Prep Time 15 minutes
- 1 pound cooked smoked turkey sausage, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 3 cups frozen loose-pack diced hash brown potatoes with onion and peppers (or add your own fresh)
- 2 medium carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1 15 to 16.5 ounce can cream-style corn
- 1 10 3/4 ounce can condensed golden mushroom soup
- Place sausage, potatoes, and carrots in a 3 1/2 to 5 quart slow cooker. In a medium bowl combine 2 1/2 cups water, corn, and soup. Add to cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- Ladle into bowls
- If desired, sprinkle with snipped fresh chives or parsley
Go crazy with topping ideas! Add some bacon, shredded cheese, your favorite veggies, etc.