I’m not a huge football fan, but you would have to be living under a rock to not know about the brand new Bon Secours Washington Redskins Training Center that is located directly behind the Science Museum of Virginia here in Richmond.
In just 22 hours, the Redskins will be kicking off their training season at the new center, and YOU’RE INVITED – FREE! That’s right folks! July 25 through August 16 (select days) you can have a front row seat to everything going on at training camp. You do need to register for a ticket though, so sign up here to get those. Practice times and all things related to the training camp can be found here.
If football isn’t your cup of tea, but your testosterone carriers drag you along anyway, here are a few things that you can do while they are drooling over their favorite players that won’t cost you a dime either!
- Virginia Museum of Fine Arts – 200 N. Boulevard – 1.1 miles from camp, free admission except for featured exhibits
- Virginia Historical Society – 428 N. Boulevard – 0.9 miles from camp
- Maymont Park – 2201 Shields Lake Court – 2.3 miles from camp
- A tour of the Capitol – 1000 Bank Street – 3.4 miles from camp(“Lincoln” was filmed here!)
- Belle Isle – 300 Tredegar Street – 2.8 miles from camp
- Carytown – 3000 W. Cary Street – 1.7 miles from camp (shoppers dream location)
- Canal Walk – 490 Tredegar Street – 2.8 miles from camp (one of our families fav spots)
- Virginia Holocaust Museum – 2000 East Cary Street – 3.6 miles from camp
Richmond is a beautifully diverse city offering something for everyone within its boundaries. Come for a visit!
See you around the city!
Keep in Touch! We love connecting with our readers!
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Like the Life in a House of Testosterone Facebook Fan Page
Follow me on Twitter @KimAtLiah
Check out what I love on Pinterest
Fun times over at Google+ with some beautiful photography & people
Subscribe to our RSS Feed or our weekly MadMimi Newsletter
This post may contain affiliate links. See LiaH Disclosure Policy.