Getting married is super exciting and one of the best ways to keep it fun and not stressful is with careful outsourcing. From the wedding planner to the bridesmaids, the more the bride can offload from her plate, the better. One of the people who will be more than willing to help out is the mother of the bride. There’s nothing better than having happy and willing parents to lean on for your wedding day to be beautiful!
Your Mom will likely be ready and willing to do whatever it takes to make your day the best it can be. She’s organized enough to get you to adulthood so if she’s the right person, you can give her a list of duties and trust that your wedding day will go off without a hitch. With this in mind, here are the top five mother of the bride duties you should consider asking her to help with!
- Scouting venues. You might not want her to choose the venue or look at them without you, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t use her advice. Get your Mom to come with you so that you can get her opinion and she can help you with asking the right questions and you get the answers you need.
- Be the mean one. Well, maybe not the mean one, but when it comes to getting the right international flowers and dealing with vendors, you need someone who has the time to be on the phone and putting the pressure pedal on. She can be the person to help you with all of the things that you don’t have time for and you don’t have time to be on the phone and ensuring things get done!
- Helping you to find the dress. She’s your Mom – the wedding dress you buy isn’t going to feel the same without her input. Of course, this depends on how close you are to her and whether you appreciate her opinion. Bring her with you to your fittings and ask her opinions as you try on the dresses. It matters to both of you, so why not?
- Helping to arrange the guests. You and your Groom should be putting the people on the planner together and laying everything out properly. Your mother shouldn’t get a vote on this. However, she can help you by directing people to the right tables when it comes to people arriving at your venue. She can take charge and make sure no one else changes any labels around, either!
- She’s there to support you. The mother of the bride is your biggest supporter. They will be the shoulder you cry on when stressed and they’ll add the final touches to make sure that you look beautiful on your wedding day. She’s going to give you the jewellery to wear as you go down the aisle to your groom, and she will give you some of the best advice about marriage that you’ve ever had.