Cotton balls and vanilla extract are a great way to spruce up your home in just a few moments. If you are not fond of the vanilla scent, you can try other scents that are more pleasing to you and see how well they work. We’ve also included a few other options for vanilla extract and cotton ball uses!
- Soak a cotton ball in vanilla extract and set it on the shelf in your refrigerator to deodorize it if you don’t have time to pull everything out and give it a good cleaning.
- Saturate a cotton ball in vanilla extract and drop it into your vacuum cleaner bag/canister. As you vacuum, that lovely scent will spread throughout the room and last for several hours.
- Soak a cotton ball with vanilla extract and hold it on the tooth and gum area causing pain for about 30 seconds. Let sit for 5 additional minutes and remove. Repeat as necessary in combination with an over-the-counter pain medication.
- Fill a shallow dish with about 3 teaspoons of vanilla extract and heat on high for approximately one minute to fight those pesky microwave odors!
- Add 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract to a can of fresh paint and mix well with paint stick. It will keep the unpleasant paint fumes from taking over your home.
- Put a few drops of vanilla extract directly onto your vacuum filter (and forego the cotton balls) for a quick blast of freshness.
- Moisten several cotton balls with vanilla extract and place them in musty closets and bathrooms or any other area in your home that seems to create unpleasant odors.
- Soak several cotton balls in vanilla extract and place them in a clean salt shaker and then set the salt shaker in your vehicle’s cup holder. Naturally deodorize, chemical free, and spill proof!
Do you have a cotton ball trick to share with our readers? Let us know in the comments below!