Below you will find our guidelines and instructions on how to contribute a Partner Content piece to be published on Life in a House. This information was updated as of November 1, 2019, and is subject to change.
Life in a House provides quality articles and helpful tips to our readers while also promoting our affiliate companies and their products.
Articles must be family-oriented advice topics relevant to our audience, which is 75% female. These women work outside the home or from home and are the primary decision-makers in their homes.
They are value shoppers who are interested in family-focused lifestyles, recipes and 30-minute meals, all things related to home (decor, furnishings, gardening, maintenance, improvements, makeovers, etc.) travel, budgeting, saving money, and holiday gifting and decorations, naturally!
Our audience primarily consists of parents and empty-nesters who appreciate tips and advice on managing their households and finances on a budget without relinquishing quality.
We also have a section designated just for our fellow bloggers with tips and suggestions on how to grow their blogs and websites in addition to tips on operating their home-based businesses.
Understanding the above is key if your pitch is to be accepted.
We cover topics such as:
- parenting and relationships
- mental health and women’s health
- family recipes and drinks for all occasions
- home decor, maintenance, renovations and gardening
- travel and vacation destinations for families both locally and abroad
- holiday-themed articles and gift guides
- blogging tips regarding affiliate marketing, growing your blog, social media, etc.
We are always open to other topics too; provided that they are written with our audience in mind.
Our Article Requirements Are:
– only unique content articles, not duplicate content that has been published (or will be published) on other sites, and at least 500 words.
– Your post must provide actionable advice – for example, if you are sharing a tip on starting a container garden, our readers should be able to put that tip into action based on your post (or via links for further reading).
– a maximum of two client links per article, but you may include links to non-commercial, informational sites (such as Wikipedia), government agencies or other lifeinahouse.net articles.
– you will be invoiced for your article or link placement and payment is due via PayPal prior to the article or link placement being published.
– the English must be perfect, or there will be an extra charge for rewriting to correct grammatical errors.
– if you want us to write the article for you, the price is $150 baseline and additional charges may apply depending on the amount of research needed for the subject.
– the article will be permanent and labeled simply as Partner Content.
– if you want to add a do-follow link to an existing post older than 90 days, the current price can be found on our Blog Services page. We no longer offer one-year link placements effective 01 November 2019.
By submitting your article to us, you agree that:
– You give us permission to make any applicable changes to your post to bring it in-line with our publishing standards.
– You give us permission to repurpose your post whenever necessary – we may convert your post into other content types as a way to promote it.
– You agree that we may update the post when required – if it is preferable you can update it or we can. We have a duty to ensure our content is as up-to-date as possible. We will re-promote the post to our audience and Google rewards your post with more traffic. A win-win for both of us.
Where and How to Send Your Pitch
Send an email to email@example.com with “I want to write for Life in a House” in the subject line.
From time to time we do offer seasonal sales on our Blog Services. If you would like to receive notice of these sales, complete the form below.
Thank you for reading our information to assist you in requesting publication on Life in a House.