What better way to celebrate life’s big and small achievements than with cake? There is something inherently festive and special about a homemade cake. Master baker, Jill O’Connor walks home cooks through the cake-making process with crowd-pleasing recipes, perfect for the holidays. Cake: I Love You (Chronicle Books/May 2017) is a love letter to a classic indulgence and offers more than 50 divinely decadent recipes home bakers will want to make right away.
Organized by flavor profile (banana, coconut, chocolate, caramel, spice, fruit) and level of difficulty, each chapter in this cookbook presents a wide range of sweet choices, from easy weeknight sheet cakes to showstoppers layered with frosting and ganache. With photos that will make readers want to reach out and swipe their fingers through the frosting, Cake, I Love You offers foolproof cake-making advice for beginning bakers and master mixers alike.
From the simple to the more detailed, Jill’s delicious cake recipes include:
- Old-Fashioned Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake with Melted Chocolate Bar Frosting
- Dixie’s Banana-Bourbon Stack Cake
- Vintage Coconut Cake
- Chocolate-Dipped Strawberry Layer Cake
- Chocolate-Peanut Butter Blackout Cake
- Hummingbird Morning Cake
- Proper Victoria Sponge with Ginger-Roasted Rhubarb and Devonshire-Style Cream
- Raspberry-Hazelnut Financier
- Blood Orange-Ricotta Pound Cake with Spiced Blood Orange Compote
This holiday season bake up this crowd-pleasing cake and let us know your thoughts in the comments below!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Love Flipboard? Be sure to follow us for all the latest in our Magazines or find us on Bloglovin' as well just Click Here. Last but not least, remember to enter our giveaways and leave a comment below. We love hearing from you!